Coleslaw—the term originating from an 18th century dutch term ‘koolsalade’ meaning cabbage salad, is a great way of using your box ingredients in a healthy and vibrant way. You can experiment with different ingredients and dressings, such as adding sliced apple or pear or using a lighter asian dressing with rice wine vinegar, lime , ginger and oil. You can take out the mayo and just use yoghurt to be even healthier.
Half Pointed Cabbage
Bunch Of Parsley, finely chopped
2 tbsp Mayonnaise
2 tbsp Yoghurt
Half Lemon, juiced
1 tbsp Olive oil
- Using either the grating function on a food processor or a hand held grater, shred the beetroot and carrot in to a large bowl.
- Finely shred the cabbage with a knife as thick or thin as you like and the same with the onion and add to the beetroot and carrot.
- In a separate bowl mix together the mayo, yoghurt, lemon juice, olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the shredded vegetables and then add the parsley, mix well and serve.
- Goes well with leftover meats and salad or just as a side to your main meal.
- Keeps well in the fridge for a few days also.