Beetroot is one of the tastiest and healthiest root vegetables there is. The flavour is a combination of sweetness and earthiness, and combines well with ingredients that are sour, salty, or both, like goat's cheese or feta. Here is a recipe for a tasty pink dip that's a great accompaniment to Smoked Salmon, Falafel, meat dishes like spicy Kofte or even drizzled over a warm salad.
1 Large Beetroot, cooked
1 Garlic Clove, Crushed
1 tbsp Red wine vinegar or Lemon juice
3 tbsp Herbs such as Dill, Parsley or Mint
1 tbsp Olive oil
250g Greek Yoghurt
Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Firstly cook the beetroot, either simmering in water or baking in foil for around 30-45 mins until tender.
- Let the beetroot cool right down before using.
- Coarsely grate the cooked beetroot into a bowl and mix with the garlic, vinegar (or Lemon juice), herbs and olive oil.
- Add the yoghurt, mix well then season with Salt and Pepper.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavours to infuse.