2 onions finely sliced
5 tbsp curry paste (homemade or pre made)
Tin of Chickpeas
2 tsp cumin seeds
1tsp mustard seeds
500g or more if you have it of leftover cooked vegetables (Parsnips, carrots, potatoes, squash all work best)
300ml coconut milk or 100g plain yogurt
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan and add the onions and a pinch of salt.
- Gently soften till translucent for around 5 mins and then add the cumin and mustard seeds, and fry for another minute.
- Add the curry paste and gently fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add your veg and coat in the paste and then add the coconut milk (If using yogurt add 400ml of water and add the yogurt at the end).
- Gently cook for another 10 mins and then take of the heat and leave to sit for 5 mins.
- If using Yogurt add that at this stage. Serve with steamed rice and warm chapattis or pitta.