Broccoli is delicious cooked simply. The strong flavours of anchovy, garlic and chilli in this recipe compliment the green freshness of Broccoli. Always use the stem of the Broccoli as it has so much flavour and is full of goodness.
3 tbsp Olive oil
2 Garlic cloves finely chopped
1 Chilli, finely chopped (seeds discarded)
4 Anchovy fillets, chopped
1/2 Lemon, juice
- Bring a large pan two-thirds full with salted water to the boil.
- Cut the Broccoli florets off the stem, and then slice the stem up into 1 inch pieces.
- Add to the water and cook for 1-2 minutes and then drain.
- In a pan heat the Olive oil (you could even use some of the anchovy oil from the tin), then add the garlic chilli and anchovy and cook for about a minute till the anchovies have melted.
- Then add the Broccoli and cook for another 2-3 minutes stirring frequently, making sure the garlic doesn't burn.
- Add a bit of water if it starting to catch.
- Then squeeze over the lemon and serve. Delicious as a side dish or with pasta.