Celeriac is a delicious aromatic root vegetable. It is great raw cut into matchsticks and tossed with a dressing, used as a stew ingredient or mashed with lots of butter. This recipe highlights the wonderful root vegetables that are in season at the moment.
One tsp Herbs such as Thyme or Rosemary
100ml Vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Peel and slice the onion into thin rounds and place in a mixing bowl.
- Peel the Parsnips and Celeriac and cut into extremely thin slices either using a sharp knife, mandolin or attachment on a food processor and toss with the onion.
- In a shallow oven proof pan add the butter and melt on the hob, then add the vegetables.
- Layer the vegetables and season with salt, pepper and herbs and then pour over the stock.
- Cover with foil or baking parchment and bake for around an hour until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the cover and then turn the oven up to 220C and bake for another 10 minutes or so until the top is crisp.