Celeriac is an unusual and delicious stew ingredient and mashes well too. It also makes a delicious warming creamed soup or gratin. This is a classic recipe for using it in a lighter way.
Half a Lemon
2 tsp Hot English Mustard
4 tbsp Good Mayonnaise
2 tbsp Double cream or Crème Fraiche
2 tbsp Parsley, finely chopped
- Peel the Celeriac, then cut into matchsticks.
- Toss them immediately in the juice of half a lemon to stop it of going brown.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, cream and parsley and season with salt and black pepper.
- Fold in the celeriac and set aside for half an hour, then serve.
- Goes great with roast meat and salmon or smoked salmon.