A really easy autumnal soup recipe that combines seasonal vegetables and fruit for an exciting flavour.
1 Medium sized Onion
3 Small Parsnips (around 350g)
1 Medium sized cooking Apple
600ml Vegetable or Chicken Stock
2 tbsp Parsley, chopped
½ tsp Mixed herbs
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chop the vegetables and apple.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and fry the vegetables and apple, stirring often, until the onion is softened nicely.
- To this, add the stock and herbs, then bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and allow to cook for around 20 minutes.
- Add the milk and allow to cool before liquidising with a hand blender.
- Reheat to serving temperature and season with salt and pepper to taste.