Fennel has a fresh mild aniseed flavour and pairs well with Fish and Pork. The bulbs are crunchy when raw, soft and caramelly when cooked. Try this really simple and easy recipe as a side dish for your main meal.
1 or 2 Fennel bulbs.
One Clove of Garlic, crushed and chopped.
75g Parmesan cheese (or any hard cheese), grated.
1 tbsp. Olive Oil.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil.
- Cut the bulbs lengthways into two even pieces, trying to keep the bottom intact.
- Place the Fennel into the boiling water for 5 mins and then remove, drain and arrange in an oven proof dish.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the crushed garlic and cook at a low temperature for about a minute.
- Pour the garlic butter over the fennel ensuring an even covering.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with the parmesan and a little drizzle of Olive Oil.
- Bake in the oven for around 30mins until golden.