Swede is a hearty vegetable with a sweet, earthy flavour and can be cooked much in the same way as other root vegetables. It is well suited to roasting, added to stews, or mashed. Try this easy fragrant recipe for roasting.
One Swede, peeled and cut into large chunks.
5 Cloves Garlic skin on, bruised with a knife.
3 tbsp Olive Oil.
1 tbsp Whole Cumin
1 tbsp Honey.
Salt and Pepper.
- Pre heat your oven to 200C.
- Prepare the Swede and then place into a baking dish with the Garlic.
- Drizzle over the oil, seasoning and cumin seeds and then mix it up so the Swede is covered in the oil and cumin.
- Place in the oven and bake for around 30 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and then add the honey and bake for a further 10 minutes and then serve.