A delicious starter or side dish that’s really easy to make. If you can't get gram (chickpea) flour, you can use plain white flour.
One Small head of Cauliflower
3 tbsp Gram Flour
1 tsp Paprika
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
100ml Oil for frying, use oils such as sunflower or groundnut oil
1/2 Lemon, juiced
- Break the Cauliflower into florets then cook in boiling salted water for a few minutes, until just tender.
- Drain well and, while it's still hot, put it in a bowl with the flour, paprika and some salt and pepper.
- Mix until the cauliflower is coated with the flour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, then fry the cauliflower in batches until crisp and golden, then remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over just before serving.