At our recent open day some of our customers asked for the recipe for this cake so here it is! This is a really simple cake recipe similar to a carrot cake but with squash. It is super moist and the squash adds extra mellow sweetness. You can play around with the spices and even add some chopped nuts or raisins to it.
175g Plain Flour
2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
3 Bits of Stem Ginger. chopped finely
200g Soft brown Sugar
150ml Sunflower oil
200g Squash grated or blitzed in a food processor
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line the base of a cake tin with non stick baking paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl.
- In a large bowl mix the sugar with the oil and beat with the eggs until smooth.
- Stir the Squash and ginger into the mixture then fold in the sifted dry ingredients
- . Pour the mixture into the cake tin and then bake for around 30 mins until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tins and then serve.