A fragrant and spicy way of using freshly harvested ripe squash. This is best with a fresh homemade curry paste, but any shop bought pastes of your choice are fine! This recipe feeds two with rice and chapattis as a side.
One Onion, finely sliced.
1 tbsp Whole Cumin seeds
3 tbsp Curry paste of your choice.
500g Squash, chopped into 1 inch pieces
One Tin of chickpeas
100g Plain yoghurt
One Bunch of Coriander, finely chopped
1/2 Lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In an oven proof casserole dish (preferably with a lid) heat 2 tablespoons of oil and fry the Onion gently for about 5 minutes.
- Add the Cumin and fry for another minute then add the curry paste.
- Fry this off for a few minutes until all the fragrant flavours have infused with the oil and onions.
- Add your squash and chickpeas and fry for another few minutes, stirring often till it is covered in the mixture.
- Add your seasoning to taste and then top up with the water.
- Bring to the boil, place a lid on and bake for around 30-40 minutes till the vegetables are soft.
- Take out of the oven, and let it sit for about 5 mins, then stir in the yoghurt, coriander and lemon juice and serve.