A fragrant and spicy way of using your squash and parsnips. If you are adventurous and fancy making your own curry paste this is a good guide to do so http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/recipe/easy-homemade-curry-pastes. Everyone likes their curries differently, so adapt to what you like. Serve with steamed rice and/or flatbreads such as Chapattis.
One Onion, finely sliced.
1 tbsp Whole Cumin seeds
3 tbsp Curry paste of your choice.
500g Squash, chopped into 1 inch pieces
300g Parsnips, chopped into 1 inch pieces
100g Plain yoghurt
One Bunch of Coriander
1/2 Lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In an oven proof casserole pan (preferably with a lid) heat 2 tablespoons of oil and fry gently for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin and fry for another minute then add the curry paste.
- Fry this off for a few minutes until all the fragrant flavours have infused with the oil and onions.
- Add your squash and parsnip and fry for another few minutes, stirring often till it is covered in the mixture.
- Add your seasoning to taste and then top up with the water.
- Bring to the boil, place a lid on and bake for around 30-40 minutes till the vegetables are soft.
- Take out of the oven, and let it sit for about 5 mins, then stir in the yoghurt, coriander and lemon juice and serve.